Fire HD 10 Tablet, 10.1" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers, Silver Aluminum - Reviews, Questions & Answers





  • Our largest display on our thinnest tablet yet. Available in black, white, and introducing silver aluminum.
  • Beautiful widescreen 10.1" HD display with over a million pixels (149 ppi / 1280 x 800)
  • Fast quad-core processor up to 1.5 GHz. Rear-facing 5 MP camera and front-facing HD camera.
  • Amazon Underground, a one-of-a-kind app store experience where over $20,000 in apps, games and even in-app items are actually free - including extra lives, unlocked levels, unlimited add-on packs and more
  • Enjoy millions of movies, TV shows, songs, books, apps and games
  • 16, 32, or 64 GB of internal storage. Free unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content and photos taken with Fire devices. Add a microSD card for up to 128 GB of additional storage.
  • Up to 8 hours of reading, surfing the web, watching video, and listening to music
  • Updated user interface - Fire OS 5 designed for quick access to your apps and content plus personalized recommendations that make it easy to discover new favorites
  • Stay connected with fast web browsing, email and calendar support





check-price-on-amazon

Our largest display on our thinnest Fire tablet yet—with beautiful widescreen 10.1" HD display, fast quad-core processor up to 1.5GHz, rear-facing 5MP camera and front-facing HD camera, and up to 128 GB of expandable storage.

Engineered by Amazon

Hero

Fast and responsive

The fast quad-core processor consists of two high-performance 1.5 GHz cores and two 1.2 GHz cores running simultaneously for optimal load balancing and power efficiency.

Beautiful HD display

Fire HD 10 features a widescreen 1280 x 800 high-definition display with over a million pixels (149 ppi) and a bright, vivid picture.

No more worrying about storage space

Keep photos, movies, and compatible apps and games with you using a microSD card slot to expand your tablet’s storage by up to 128 GB. Plus enjoy free unlimited cloud storage for all your Amazon content and photos taken with your Fire device.

Power when you need it

Don't be tethered to an outlet—with up to 8 hours of mixed-use battery life. Fire HD 10 gives you the flexibility to go wherever the day takes you.

Capture life's moments

Fire HD 10 features a 5 MP rear-facing camera for taking photos, and shooting 1080p video. The 720p front-facing camera is perfect for Skype calls with friends and family.

Stands up to everyday life

Amazon engineers Fire tablets to hold up against everyday life. As measured in tumble tests, Fire HD 10 is almost 2x more durable than the iPad Air 2.

Designed for Entertainment


Designed for Entertainment

Play

Over 300,000 apps including favorites like Facebook, Twitter, and Spotify. Plus Amazon Underground, a one-of-a-kind app store experience where over $20,000 in apps, games, and even in-app items are 100% free. Play great titles like Frozen Free Fall, Angry Birds Slingshot Stella, and Sonic Dash from developers like Disney, Gameloft, Rovio Entertainment, and more.

Watch

Enjoy all your favorite movies and TV shows on Amazon Video, Netflix, HBO NOW, and more. Discover thousands of TV episodes and movies and fling it all to the big screen.

Read

Choose from millions of e-book and magazine titles. Connect with the largest online community of book lovers on Goodreads. Discover over a million titles with a Kindle Unlimited subscription. Also, listen to your favorite books with Audible.

Fire OS 5 "Bellini"

Introducing Fire OS 5

Updated user interface—Find the things you love easier

Fire OS 5 is the best entertainment experience on a tablet with quick access to the things you do most. The new home screen includes dedicated content pages for books, games and apps, video, music, audiobooks, and Newsstand, making it quick to pick up right where you left off.

Apps that are actually free with Amazon Underground

Fire tablet owners have access to a one-of-a-kind app store experience where over $20,000 in apps, games and even in-app items are actually free. Experience titles from top developers including Disney, Rovio Entertainment, Gameloft, Zeptolab and Sega of America without ever having to pay for the app or in-app purchases.

Read faster with Word Runner

Word Runner is a fun new way to read faster. It keeps your eyes focused on the center of the page and brings each word right to where your eyes already are. With Dynamic Pacing, Word Runner automatically slows down for difficult words, punctuation, and paragraph breaks. And when you first start reading, it gradually builds up to the speed you choose. If you miss something, just tap and hold the screen to activate the Brake.

Share content with Family Library

Family Library links your Amazon account to that of your spouse or partner so you can easily share apps, games, audiobooks, and books, and it now allows Prime members to share their Prime Instant Video. Access your family's content across devices, including iOS and Android.

No more waiting

With ASAP (Advanced Streaming and Prediction) Amazon movies and TV shows are ready for you to watch instantly. ASAP dynamically adapts to your viewing habits.

Integrated on-device tech support

Mayday Screen Sharing brings Mayday-powered customer service to Fire tablets. Amazon experts can now connect to any Fire tablet to co-pilot through features by drawing on your screen, walking you through how to do something yourself, or doing it for you — whatever works best.





check-price-on-amazon

Please click on a question to see its answers.


Q:how can i transfer my books and apps from my fire HD 8 in to my fire HD 10
A:I have a kindle7 will my apps and books be on the HD10



Q:I have talked to people that say the Fire HD 10 is not worth buying so the people that have one,is it any good.
A:I have had mine a few weeks now. For the most part I love it.My main complaint is video lag and going from website to website. It seems to really lag, sometimes taking 30 sec. Or more between sites. Considering returning it.



Q:My wife has a kindle hd7 that work fine. she reads kindle books 80% of the time. does the hd10 work/look ok as a reader?
A:Unbelievably good, I'm visually impaired and the accessibility features of the Fire 10 are wonderful. Deaf, visually impaired, blind all are addressed. Couldn't be happier. I replaced my broken Kindle HD D00801 and was amazed at the improvements with the Fire 10. I would also like to mention pictures are in color!



Q:can i use it to just surf the web? my husband said he wanted an ipad but is this pretty much the same just without the name? i dont want to break the
A:Yes. A tablet is a tablet. Generally speaking, people who have iPhones get iPads based on their preference for Apple products and the way they are integrated with each other and the cloud. If you just want a tablet to surf with, any will do the trick. We happen to love the Fire HD. It is a great product for the price.



Q:Is this an android system or proprietary amazon os?
A:If you Google you will find info on how to side load Google Play onto the Amazon HD 10. The Amazon Os uses Googles latest OS and a lot of Google Android apps in APK form can be easily installed in a matter of mins.



Q:can you change the background ?
A:Go to settings, then display, then wallpaper, at the bottom you can choose what you want.



Q:what email is supported?
A:I use gmail.com and hotmail.com. No problem with either one.



Q:Does it come with Korean language setting?
A:I did not see Korean on the list



Q:does all the charging cords and manual come with it
A:Charging cords are included. The manual is on the tablet, includes video instructions and also can be viewed on Amazon website.



Q:Do you have to purchase a memory card from amazon, which i probably will, specific for a fire 10? or will any memory card work?
A:The Fire HD 10, 10.1, You have the option of 16Gb or 32Gb memory. I purchased the Micro SD card with 32Gb from amazon which you don't have to, but for the price I will recommend Amazon. I use it for videos and pictures and it's worth it. If you are going to share with the family, you could buy a Micro SD 128GB. I h… see more The Fire HD 10, 10.1, You have the option of 16Gb or 32Gb memory. I purchased the Micro SD card with 32Gb from amazon which you don't have to, but for the price I will recommend Amazon. I use it for videos and pictures and it's worth it. If you are going to share with the family, you could buy a Micro SD 128GB. I hope this was helpful to you. Enjoy see less



check-price-on-amazon



Q:Does this includes wireless internet in it.
A:Yes, you can access the internet through wifi using the Fire HD 10, but you need to have access to either a wifi hotspot or use your home internet via wifi.



Q:I use microsoft office, excel, word mostly. i'm thinking it wouldn't work with the download version but maybe would with the cloud version. anyanswers
A:MS premium will work on a tablet ~ fire but it is very inefficient and is really built to run on the MS surface with a separate keyboard. In effect you are trying to create a laptop out of a tablet not ever going to happen, no tablet today has the horsepower of a laptop and if they the costs would $1000÷. But it will r… see more MS premium will work on a tablet ~ fire but it is very inefficient and is really built to run on the MS surface with a separate keyboard. In effect you are trying to create a laptop out of a tablet not ever going to happen, no tablet today has the horsepower of a laptop and if they the costs would $1000÷. But it will run just do not expect to prepare complex sprshts or you will go crazy, see less



Q:Does your stuff move over if you already have a kindle fire 7''
A:Yes it does.



Q:Does it had mayday, or is that no longer a option ?
A:Sorry, Mayday button was on Kindle HDX, I don't have one of those and don't see a button for it. Mayday is only available on Kindle Fire HDX, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9", Fire HDX 8.9, and Fire.



Q:Does it work with the Google Play store?
A:Google Play does not work with Kindle Fire and that's a real bummer. You are missing out on some good apps.



Q:I just received this as a gift from work yesterday. am i able to buy the extended warranty even though i didn't buy it through amazon?
A:You can buy it on your Kindle. But absolutely make sure you get some coverage for it because I've had two of them I bought that both went belly up. 10.1's are not reliable and will fry itself if you look at it wrong. Good luck.



Q:i have no instructions for my hd10. can you help me. i didnt get a quick start guide
A:The "Help" file on your HD10 may help you with many issues!



Q:Does ig run Windows
A:No it will not run Windows it has its own running system FIRE I get my email FB messages game apps and all my music on the kindle .. love it



Q:can you hookup external speakers to this?
A:yes you can because when i'm in my kitchen cooking I hook mines up to a speaker to really get a great sound affect.



Q:I can't locate my sd card it says "checking for errors". Anyone got an idea how to fix it. Thanks!
A:If you can save what is on your sd card to something else, you can reformat it and it should clear up all errors.



check-price-on-amazon



Q:Is the screen as durable as previous models? My second gen fire has never gotten a single scratch but i see people here recomending protectors.
A:Yes it is definitely durable, I have not got the need to use cover protectors on my HD display.



Q:can I hook this device up to my tv with a hdmi cable to watch downloaded movies?
A:Actually, both these answers are wrong. There is NO HDMI port on the Fire HD 10. Had I known that I never would have bought it. You can ONLY "mirror" the screen to a Amazon TV box.



Q:Why can't I download nbc live extra app.
A:If it's not Amazon.com you will not be able to download it. The Kindle fire HD 10 can only download from Amazon.com and not all Android apps there will be available. There's a workaround called rooting but doing so will void the warranty, and possibly Brick your Kindle. Personally I'm not going to do it. I didn't s… see more If it's not Amazon.com you will not be able to download it. The Kindle fire HD 10 can only download from Amazon.com and not all Android apps there will be available. There's a workaround called rooting but doing so will void the warranty, and possibly Brick your Kindle. Personally I'm not going to do it. I didn't spend $240.00 to end up with a Kindle paperweight. There are loads of inexpensive 10 inch tablets out there to dink around with. As time goes on there will be more kindle fire 10" content available. Amazon's pretty careful what they will give access to. Some have used there PC then dragging the app onto the Kindle. Again I'm being careful, some may say too careful, but as I said a 10" Android Tablet is cheap. The Kindle fire is not really setup to do everything a tablet will. It's designed to run content that's available for the device. Even with some of the limits imposed I've been happy with my purchase. see less



Q:Are a charger and cover included?
A:Charger yes cover no



Q:Can you use Fire in bright sunlight?
A:Yes you can use the fire tablet in bright sunlight, however you won't be able to see what you're doing as you would if you were not in bright sunlight. I have used mine many times in bright sunlight, I just have to put my hands over it, like a visitor, to be able to see. I also think that you can adjust the brightnes… see more Yes you can use the fire tablet in bright sunlight, however you won't be able to see what you're doing as you would if you were not in bright sunlight. I have used mine many times in bright sunlight, I just have to put my hands over it, like a visitor, to be able to see. I also think that you can adjust the brightness of it in order to see in bright sunlight. see less



Q:I have the 8.9"kindle fire, the one before Hdx I think. are there any differences with the 10? mine's cracked and heavy. but I love it
A:The 10 is lighter, better features, more memory. I absolutely e everything about it



Q:can i use wireless headphones with the kindle fire?
A:Yes it has Bluetooth in the settings set them close to each other turn them both on they will sync



Q:I have one of the original kindles, not hd, will all my books transfer over to this kindle?
A:All my books and magazines are on all my Kindles the older versions and now the newer versions.



Q:Can i use google play store on this?
A:Go to you tube and search. I installed Google play on mine about 10 days ago following those instructions.



Q:are screen protectors necessary
A:if you do not want your scratches on the screen use them



check-price-on-amazon



Q:Can you load books onto the micro sd card and be able to read from there?
A:Technically its possible by downloading the books to your computer then connect device transfer to ad card. Then open book with file explorer. I do this with library audiobooks. They are working on allowing music to be stored on the card but you can store music the same way as above. It is the same with my Samsung S2 Nook



Q:Could I read books to my Dragon using this?I hate not reading to him because he gets sad.
A:It's a fire, right up a Dragon's alley, lol!



Q:is the magzter app compatible with the fire 10?
A:Answer this question



Q:What's the different between kindle fire HD and kindle fire 10? I have the first Kindle Fire that came out -curious what the difference is.
A:Well, for starters, the screen is 10.1 inches. The apps are no longer on a carousel, they are like the iPad apps. I find this design much easier to access. The stereo speakers (!) are fantastic! There is unlimited music, apps and storage all for free. Also movies! I have Prime which gives me everything plus free 2-day … see more Well, for starters, the screen is 10.1 inches. The apps are no longer on a carousel, they are like the iPad apps. I find this design much easier to access. The stereo speakers (!) are fantastic! There is unlimited music, apps and storage all for free. Also movies! I have Prime which gives me everything plus free 2-day shipping. There is no other deal like this out there. I love the new Kindle Fire 10!!! see less



Q:How large is the screen.
A:My husband just got this kindle and it's as big as my iPad 4. I like it because it's better for watching movies.



Q:Is WiFi easy to connect at hotspots?
A:I haven't had any problems with connecting.



Q:at&t internet capable
A:Yes



Q:at&t internet capable or verizon etc. not wifi
A:Free hd10, 10.1 is compatible with all servers available in your area



Q:Can not use apps, games or read books without constant wifi connection?
A:Apps that do not require the wi-fi for interaction must be downloaded and installed on the kindle, then they are in the memory of the book. You require the wi-fi toorder books, get books and apps from the cloud to the system. Remove books to the cloud once they have been read to free up the on board memory for new ones… see more Apps that do not require the wi-fi for interaction must be downloaded and installed on the kindle, then they are in the memory of the book. You require the wi-fi toorder books, get books and apps from the cloud to the system. Remove books to the cloud once they have been read to free up the on board memory for new ones.Go to the Kindle Store on the web (wi-fi) and type in fire10hd and choose one of the user manuals. Some can be read for free if you are a Prime member, but a couple of the only cost $0.99 to buy. Any of these books should fit your requirements. Prime is a good deal, especially if you are a heavy reader. There are also some sites that have many free books. see less



Q:Will this go from text to speech like my kindle?
A:Yes. It's a Kindle!



check-price-on-amazon



Q:I currently have an original 1st generation kindle. is my amazon cloud attached to just that or can i access on a new kindle fire?
A:All the books you have bought are on the cloud.



Q:Does this kindle do text to speech? if not, which one does.
A:Yes it does



Q:Can I download Microsoft word, pdf, etc?
A:You can provided that you use an app that accepts word.doc format. You can read a pdf file with the kindle reader app.



Q:I already own a kindle, but would like a larger one for videos. Can I have two different kindles operating on the same account?
A:Yes, I also have two.



Q:Can you get rid of the sleep screen commercials.
A:Yes you can. You will need to give Amazon I believe 15 bucks and they will go away. However, I have not done this cause the sleep screen commercials are gone in an instant, they dont bother me. But yes, you can get rid of them!! Merry Christmas!!!



Q:will an envey hp printer work with the fire hd 10"
A:If the printer is wireless, yes.



Q:Does this unit have satellite gps capability?
A:No.



Q:can i download my photography from my SD card and edit with this fire?
A:downloaded yes. edited no.



Q:does it have bluetooth
A:Yes it does



Q:Which adapter is needed to connect with an hdmi tv cable. is fire hd 10 4th generation?
A:The Fire HD10 is 5th generation. I am not sure about the cable. My Amazon fire stick app on my kindle controls my tv without a cable.



check-price-on-amazon



Q:Can you download facebook
A:Yes



Q:Does vudu or flash work?
A:No it don't and that is terrible. We did have a app but not any more. For that reason I won't buy another kindle



Q:does it have a voice search engine similar or exactly like google voice search?
A:Yes, if you load the Google icon, it comes with a mike and you can speak your question.



Q:Can I fling fire content to a non-smart tv?
A:Answer this question



Q:By phone, I ment is it okay on something like Skype ? Thanks again
A:Answer this question



Q:Can you stream with prime in canada? or download in cnada? i will moving there for 4 months
A:Answer this question



Q:can i use kindle fire in England?
A:It is better to buy the European version than the American kindle if you will use it in England.



Q:can i record video
A:Answer this question



Q:Can I trade my current kindle in for the new 10. And if so what would the discount be?
A:Answer this question



Q:Does this support the new Weight Watchers app?
A:Answer this question



check-price-on-amazon



Q:Right now I have a B&N Samsung Nook tab 4. My question is; can I install a nook app, on this kindle, so I can still read my B&N ebooks?
A:I do not know.I use my first kindle for a reader.



Q:Can you use Chrome as your web browser?
A:Yes. Chrome is ok



Q:Can it be used with square for doing sales with credit cards?
A:Answer this question



Q:Does this system support Microsoft Office and its multiple side apps like One note?
A:Answer this question



Q:can i run blackberry link on the fire
A:Answer this question



Q:My father is blind and needs something that will open audible books and his book selection using voice commands will this do it?
A:Yes it should, I've used voice command on my kindle fire hd 10 yet



Q:When did the price increase. I thought it was $179.99
A:It was on sale then. Now it's back to regular price.



Q:I just bought this, my daughter will be fetting my old one. Do i need to set up a new acct for her or can i use mine for both?
A:Theere is no need to do this



Q:Where can i find a user manual? my fire hd 10 tablet did come w/one. i can't make it shut-up.
A:Your kindle fire "didn't" come with one? Use your browser to ask all of your questions



Q:can I download a music player and music on my microchip?
A:Answer this question



check-price-on-amazon



Q:Can you use a separate game controller?
A:Answer this question



Q:Does this kindle have the vudu app or disney movies anywhere app? i refuse to support or buy a kindle until they get those apps.
A:No vudu app. Don't know about Disney.



Q:can u get games. on it that does. not. need wifi to play
A:you need WiFi or internet



Q:Genarally speaking about the kindle fire tablet, is there a data sim card that we can buy? As I am aware these are wifi tablets.
A:Yes, We can buy. They are wifi tablets.



Q:Can this kindle (or any of them) be used for navigation? navionics in particular. gps built in? or bluetooth w/ external antenna? which fire to get?
A:It does have maps and directions but don't think it talks. My iPhone gps is so good I probably would only use it.



Q:how do I set up chromecast on my kindle fire 10
A:There is an app. I did not personally download it but I have seen it.



Q:can i get adobe flash
A:Play Store days yes there is an app to download. I prefer Yidio, it works as well as Flash Player!



Q:can i print from the micro usb port
A:Howdy! This baby is a Bluetooth printer, and will print using the Bluetooth technology. Hope this helps!2ed



Q:Can Kindle be attached to television by a cord to view movie or netflix to view larger picture
A:Yes, you need a special cable.



Q:I want it to study, so, can I download adobe acrobat pro and work pdf files?
A:Hello David, sorry it took me so long to get back to. Yes you can download Adobe acrobat reader for free and use it. I am not sure about Pro, you might have to pay some money to get full version but it does work well and opens pdf files without any problems



check-price-on-amazon





check-price-on-amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment