GoPro 3-Way Grip, Arm, Tripod - Reviews, Questions & Answers




GoPro 3-Way Grip, Arm, Tripod

  • 3-in-One design: can be used as a camera grip, extension arm or tripod for ultra versatility and a variety of shots.
  • Handle doubles as a grip: the handle can be detached from the arm and used as a lightweight camera grip.
  • Tripod stored inside handle: Inside the handle is a small tripod that can be removed and used on its own or combined with the handle
  • Waterproof: designed for use in and out of water
  • What's included: Extension arm, grip, tripod, thumb screw


GoPro 3-Way Grip, Arm, Tripod



check-price-on-amazon
GoPro 3-Way Mount This ultra versatile mount can be used three main ways as a camera grip, extension arm or tripod. The folding arm is perfect for POV or follow-cam footage, and makes it easy to capture selfies without the mount appearing in the shot. When detached from the arm, the handle doubles as a camera grip. Stored inside the handle is a lightweight, mini tripod that can be removed and used on its own or combined with the handle. Expands to 20"50.8cm, collapses to 7.5"19cm. Whats Included Extension Arm
Grip
Tripod
Thumb Screw
Compatible with all GoPro cameras.


GoPro 3-Way Grip, Arm, Tripod



check-price-on-amazon

Please click on a question to see its answers.


Q:Will this float with the Floaty and Hero3+ attached? Or will any combination of the 3way float with the Floaty and Heor3+?
A:Yes, it will float with the orange floaty.



Q:Does this product have the little notches on the joints like the suction cup mount arm does, so that the joints don't flex with a hard landing, etc?
A:I know what you are talking about because I have both mounts. No the 3 way doesn't have the toothed joints. I have not given it a big jolt that could potential move the angles yet either. I would definately recommend the 3 way though. It is very versatile.



Q:does this have any attachment points for a wrist strap or lanyard (in case you drop it)?
A:Yes. There actually IS a loophole at the bottom.



Q:Has anyone compared this with the cheaper sbony model?
A:Answer this question



Q:Is this an original gopro 3 way? like the 1 in the gopro website?
A:Yes, this is a GoPro branded product.



Q:When used only with the grip...does it float?
A:this is not for that function, it's just tripod !! but it is excellent



Q:does it float?
A:No, the tripod doesn't float. But you can get a chest thingie, or an apparatus that attaches to your head, or even one that will mount on your dog! My Grandson has done all of the above, in water and out. He's even mounted his GoPro on a horse's bridle so you can see what the horse see's going over jumps or in the past… see more No, the tripod doesn't float. But you can get a chest thingie, or an apparatus that attaches to your head, or even one that will mount on your dog! My Grandson has done all of the above, in water and out. He's even mounted his GoPro on a horse's bridle so you can see what the horse see's going over jumps or in the pasture. So fun! William does have a hand grip that floats so he doesn't lose his GoPro in the water. see less



Q:where should i look to buy a wrist strap or lanyard that will do good for this?
A:Answer this question



Q:I got one and curious what the blue button if for on the grip...can i take vids from this? How?
A:The blue button just locks and unlocks the hand grip in various positions. Of course you can take videos with it. It works like a hand grip or a selfie stick or stands freely like a mini tripod.



Q:how is the weight of 3 way?
A:It weighs 8 oz and has a nice feel in your hand.



check-price-on-amazon



Q:Can you use this as a selfie for a smartphone?
A:I would say no. It was designed for a GoPro and doesn't have a way to grip a cell phone.



Q:we loved this until we lost one of the screws...where can I purchase replacements parts?
A:From Go-Pro only.



Q:Hi. i just lost the adjustable lock of my 3 way grip? is it possible to buy just the adjustable lock? if yes, where can i buy it? thankyou.
A:The lock can be bought from a company called GoPole on Amazon



Q:Can this mount be used for Non-Go Pro cameras?
A:Only if has the same mounting system as the GoPro; otherwise no.



Q:Is it metal or plastic
A:Plastic.



Q:how long does it extend too?
A:To exactly what it says in the description.



Q:Does it Float?
A:No



Q:Is it compatible with the Hero Session?
A:Yes it is! :)



Q:total length of the tripod folded up. will it fit into a carryon bag?
A:Yes it will definitely fit into a carry on, and its a little over 2 feet when extended.



Q:If I wanted to buy this for just the selfie stick would that be a bad idea? Or could I find a better, cheaper one?
A:Bad idea. price worth reason.. for just a selfie stick buy just a selfie stick.



check-price-on-amazon



Q:one question : this 3 way combined with houses floating floats go pro ?
A:A floaty backdoor can be combined with the 3 way arm.



Q:is the separate gopro tripod mount necessary to use when putting together the tripod 3way to stand up?
A:No. At the bottom you open another part and invert it(reverse screw it), it's so cool to take pics that way without doing nothing like a virtual photographer



Q:Should I grease the joints? It seems like it's not very smooth when moving adjusting the 3 way mount.
A:I guess you could if you wanted to move it while filming video, but unless that's why you're doing it I wouldn't do it. The fact that it is a bit hard to adjust is a good thing. If it's too loose then the joints will move and fold over with every little movement or even the wind. I like mine tight for that reason and f… see more I guess you could if you wanted to move it while filming video, but unless that's why you're doing it I wouldn't do it. The fact that it is a bit hard to adjust is a good thing. If it's too loose then the joints will move and fold over with every little movement or even the wind. I like mine tight for that reason and for jumping into the water...so that when it hits the surface it won't bend. But yeah if you do want it loose I'm sure it wouldn't hurt it see less



Q:Does it have a button to click selfies from the handle?
A:no



Q:Is there a button on the grip that allows you to take a picture? or you do manually have to push the camera button to take a picture?
A:There's no button it's strictly manual unless you have a remote control



Q:is this handheld grip grippy
A:Answer this question



Q:Dumb question, does it work with any version of gopro? i have a gopro 2.
A:It will work with any as long as you have the part . Try to experiment with your attachments



Q:Does the Grip float in water with the go pro attached?
A:Dear Ken, Thank you for asking a great question. GoPro's website doesn't mention that the GoPro 3-Way Tripod floats. However, they do carry The Handler, which is a floating grip. Unfortunately, The Handler is not a tripod as well. I hope that this helps! If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel … see more Dear Ken, Thank you for asking a great question. GoPro's website doesn't mention that the GoPro 3-Way Tripod floats. However, they do carry The Handler, which is a floating grip. Unfortunately, The Handler is not a tripod as well. I hope that this helps! If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for Your Business,ErinMidwayUSA Customer Service see less



Q:My Stick leans with the tripod and records everything at an angle when on any surface. It seems like one side is heavier than the other.
A:Answer this question



Q:Can this connect to a mount to mount to a pole or flat surface?
A:No it only has one way to connect.



check-price-on-amazon



Q:It is water resistant?
A:Yes totalmente



Q:do you know where I can find the first thumbscrew? It's so flimsy I lost it while using my gorro in the sea
A:Answer this question



Q:How do you attach your camera to the arm?
A:It has the standard end that the camera case connects to then the thumb screw keeps it in place. The tripod makes a very good handle and you can keep the camera above the crowd without blocking others' view.



Q:Does it float
A:I don't think so



Q:Hi, if i want to buy a gopro battery bacpac、gopro 3-way grip, arm, tripod and a gopro rechargable battery for hero4, how much money is the total ?
A:It is approximately $150



Q:how long is it??
A:20 inches



Q:Will the hand grip float in water?
A:It will float, sealed air pocket in the handle where the trip pod deploys from. I recommend the floaty though, no question it floats with both. I have both and worked great on snorkel trip in Belize.



Q:can the tripod support other cameras, like a canon vixia hf r700, or strictly for gopro cameras?
A:sims like a very unique connection for the GoPro cam...



Q:Could this be attached to a kayak and if so would i need and extra mount?
A:You would need a separate mount. This is a 3 way arm with a tripod base only.



Q:Can I use it in gopro 4 silver?
A:Yes, is easy to use on gopro 4



check-price-on-amazon



Q:Can you just buy the arm seperatley and not the grip?
A:No. The grip is the bottom piece to the arm. If you remove the upper 2/3rd's of the arm, you have the grip. Basically, it's the handle to the arm.



Q:Does this come with a wrist strap?
A:Nope



Q:Will this work with any GoPro?
A:Yes!



Q:It fits in hero 2?
A:Yes



Q:Is this an original go pro accessory and will it come with a warranty?
A:Yes, it is an original GoPro accessory. No, it does not come with a warranty.



Q:can it be use with a mirrorless camera? (lumix dx7?)
A:No the mount is made specifically for a GoPro.



Q:can i attach a remote to this stand
A:Answer this question



Q:Can I add a 1' ball adapter so I can mount this on my kayak rail?
A:Answer this question



Q:how far does the pole extend?
A:I would say like at least 3 feet. It's fantastic



Q:how shaky is it while running?
A:Answer this question



check-price-on-amazon



Q:Hi. Can i purchase just the grip. I have everything, except the grip that unscrewed and detached :/
A:The only place I have ever seen the 3-way grip, arm, tripod for sale is in a Amazon Bundle package. and the GoPro website. The website price I believe is $69.99 that's why I bought it in a Bundle on Amazon.



Q:Can this attach to the GoPro chest harness? I'm looking to be able to aim my GoPro in front of me while I'm hiking and capture me in the shots
A:I can't see hoe this would work. The answer is "no".



Q:Does it float by itself
A:Have never used it in the water. Don't think it will float. I have another that does float and is smaller. It is made by Go Pro.



Q:is this for the hero4?
A:Yes! This is compatiable with all GoPro models. This ultra versatile mount can be used 3 main ways: as a camera grip, extension arm or tripod. The folding arm makes it easy to capture selfies without the mount appearing in the shot. The handle doubles as a grip, and stores as a mini tripod.



Q:Can the camera pivot when attached to the tri fold. Can twist the camera to shoot in different directions?
A:No. You need an attachment for that



Q:Is the tripod sturdy?
A:I'd say no...at least not for anything serious. I have to center my camera over the center of the tripod or it falls over. It's fine for simple applications, but I definitely wouldn't use it in place of a quality tripod.



Q:How do you release the tripod from the grip? I can't figure it out!
A:see it from 4:08



Q:the first picture say 2pack. is it the price for two gopro pole?
A:No, it is just one GoPro pole



Q:I just broke one of the screws on the arm, can i get a replacement some how?
A:No clue. But they are also easy to lose so hopefully gopro will make them available.



Q:Is this worth the investment for gopro hero silver? or should i look for some other brand?
A:It is personally my favorite mount. I use it snowboarding and get great shots riding fast.



check-price-on-amazon



Q:does this support the newer go pros
A:Yes! We have a GoPro 3



Q:The tripod part broke, anybody know a replacemet part?
A:Answer this question



Q:I lost one of the screwdrivers that hold the first joint (the smaller one), where I can find it?
A:Answer this question



Q:size handle
A:Answer this question



Q:Is this thing shaky? For example using it as an extension for your helmet.
A:Yes, not sturdy. I have tried to hold it with my leg and it picks up the pulse from my artery. I used it to sweep under the waves in Kauai for some great Sea Turtle shots. Also snorkeling into an old lava tube (assume results). Even an uprooted tree trunk on the beach. I can get much deeper than before. It's a very goo… see more Yes, not sturdy. I have tried to hold it with my leg and it picks up the pulse from my artery. I used it to sweep under the waves in Kauai for some great Sea Turtle shots. Also snorkeling into an old lava tube (assume results). Even an uprooted tree trunk on the beach. I can get much deeper than before. It's a very good handheld, except for the price. Love that I can use it in salt water and not corrode. TIP: I found a lost spear fish bungee in the surf, took the cord and placed it between the lower pivot. Then I tied a loop in the surgical tubing to run my arm through. Now I can swim with both hands free when needed. It's kind of a wrist rocket/Gopro. Nice. As for on your helmet, I would think that the farther you have it from your body, the worse the motion problem. Kind of what plagues using a long CB whip antler on a truck. The wind just knocks it all over the place. All in all, I'm really using the heck out of it. It is well thought out and I'm glad to have it. Enjoy. Captain Jim see less



Q:is this handheld grip grippy
A:The handle is not like "sticky" rubber, but does have ribs that aid in holding the grip. What I like is the handle is not completely round. two sides are flattened, one with ribbing and one smooth. With your thumb on the flat smooth side, the handle does not pivot and keeps the camera steady. I have been hiking and… see more The handle is not like "sticky" rubber, but does have ribs that aid in holding the grip. What I like is the handle is not completely round. two sides are flattened, one with ribbing and one smooth. With your thumb on the flat smooth side, the handle does not pivot and keeps the camera steady. I have been hiking and held onto it with sweaty hands and had good video. see less



Q:Can this be used with any go pro
A:As far as I know, Yes. It has the universal Gopro attachment on it. I will take a picture of it and put it under my description.



Q:What material is used for this mount?
A:Combination of an hard rock plastic with a metal.



Q:Does this fit the Hero 4 silver?
A:Yes



Q:Can you take this product in water?
A:Yes! But male sure to seccure the screws tight because I lost the middle one while at the beach. GoPro customer service helped me out and had no problems since. Also make sure to unscrew the tripod handle compartment at the end of the day since water can get trapped there. Other than that its great!



check-price-on-amazon



Q:Hi, does the 3-way has a capture button or does it need a separate remote to capture still shots? Thanks.
A:Need a separate remote!



Q:do you need a remote or something for it to take the picture? or how does this work i have the hero im assuming its the first one
A:Other option is connect the camera via eifi with your cel phone of course with the respective app .



Q:does this fit the hero 4 black?
A:I personally don't have a hero 4. I wish I did, but I don't. I did some resarch for you guys and found out it does fit the hero 4.On the bottom of the hero 4 there are 2 little plastic holes. On those holes there is a bolt that goes throught the two plastic holes. On this mount there is 3 attachment holes on top. You… see more I personally don't have a hero 4. I wish I did, but I don't. I did some resarch for you guys and found out it does fit the hero 4.On the bottom of the hero 4 there are 2 little plastic holes. On those holes there is a bolt that goes throught the two plastic holes. On this mount there is 3 attachment holes on top. You line the camera and the attachment and you put the screw through the middle and tighten it. So yes, this mount does work with the hero 4 see less



Q:why it says 2 pack in first pic? this is 2-1 deal for $70?!
A:Unfortunately, no. The pictures shown are Amazon's pictures that they use when the item number is typed in. It is only one, but it is still in the packaging.



Q:Is it possible to capture selfie with this stick?
A:Yes for sure



Q:Can I use this with an IPhone?
A:No, made for gopro or other cameras that can be controlled by other means



Q:Is this bluetooth enabled, where is then shutter release in the handle?
A:Answer this question



Q:Is this for all gopros
A:I believe the mounts are all the same so it should work for older editions.



Q:Does anyone know how much this weighs?
A:Andrew,Our shipping weight (in the box) is .65 lbs. The box shouldn't weigh much. I hope this helps!Thanks for your business!… see more Andrew,Our shipping weight (in the box) is .65 lbs. The box shouldn't weigh much. I hope this helps!Thanks for your business!Erin MidwayUSA Customer Service see less



Q:Can I use this with a normal camera?
A:Yes...as long as your camera has a standard mounting system on the bottom of the camera.



check-price-on-amazon


GoPro 3-Way Grip, Arm, Tripod



check-price-on-amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment